Useful Vocabulary: Physical Appearance
- to bear a striking resemblance: (verb phrase) 和某人外貌有極度相似之處。
例句: Duncan’s son bears a striking resemblance of him. How amazing DNA is!
- cropped hair: (noun phrase) 短頭髮
例句: I like her better with cropped hair – it seems less messy.
(我喜歡她短頭髮的形象 - 似乎沒有那麼凌亂。)
- fair-skinned: (adjective) 皮膚白皙的
例句: A person with fair-skinned is suitable to wear baby blue and baby pink – these colors make them look even more neat.
(皮膚白皙的人適合穿粉藍色和粉紅色 - 這些顏色使他們看起來更加整潔。)
- good-looking: (adjective) 漂亮的、俊俏的
例句: This American model is very good-looking. Maybe that is why she has plenty of fans around the world.
- to be hard of hearing: (verb phrase) 聽力有困難
例句: Grandpa is getting older now and is hard of hearing. We have to speak louder and slower.
- scruffy: (adjective) 邋遢的、不企理的
例句: The professor looks a bit scruffy – he has this untidy and messy beard which everyone talks about!
(教授看起來有點邋遢 - 每個人都在談論他不整潔和雜亂的鬍子！)
- to look young for one’s age: (verb phrase) 看起來比實際年齡年輕
例句: My mother looks young for her age – she is at her 50s now but she looks like she is at her mid-forties!
(我的母親看起來很年輕 - 她現在五十歲，但她看起來像四十多歲左右！)
- complexion: (noun) 膚色
例句: I have a classmate who comes from the Philippines. She has a rather tanned complexion which makes her look really energetic.
- overweight: (noun/ adjective) 過重的
例句: Gordon eats too much junk food, which causes him to be overweight.
- a slender figure: (noun phrase) 苗條的身段
例句: Sammi has a slender figure that people around her all encourage her to work as a model.
- well-built: (adjective) 肌肉發達的，大隻的
例句: Does John have a crush lately? He has been heading to the gym and becoming more well-built.
- well turned-out: (adjective phrase) 外表看起來很醒目
例句: The suit makes my brother look really smart and well turned-out. I hope he succeeds in the job interview.